‘Tis the season! The holidays are here. And the best part about the festive season is definitely the parties.
If you are planning to have a Christmas party this year, you can take it to the next level by hosting it in your pool!
Here are seven tips for throwing the best Christmas pool party:
1. Make sure your pool is clean
Cleanliness is essential to the experience of any pool party.
Before your party begins, ensure that your pool and its surrounding areas are clean and sanitized. It is also important to make sure the walkways surrounding your pool are also clean and clear.
2. Ensure safety comes first
Keeping everyone safe will ensure that the party experience goes as smoothly as possible.
Before the party begins, make sure that safety rules are understood and continue to be followed throughout the entire party.
Some essential safety tips are:
- If kids are joining you, always have an adult supervising.
- Have a readily accessible life preserver, phone and First Aid kit.
- Make sure you keep alcohol away from the pool and hot tub.
- Keep alcoholic beverages away from the pool and hot tub.
3. Keep everyone warm
The weather can become cool during the winter season in Vancouver so having some plans in place to keep your party guests warm can improve everyone’s experience.
A great idea is to serve warm non-alcoholic beverages, like hot chocolate.
You can also keep extra towels, gloves and scarves at the side and even invest in patio heaters.
4. Decorate, decorate, decorate!
Bring out the Christmas lights, beautiful wreaths, Santa hats and poinsettias! If kids are attending your party, try adding some snowmen and reindeer inflatables.
To make it even more fun, select a theme that will delight your guests. Here are a few suggestions:
- Winter wonderland – decorate your deck in white and bring out the inflatable snowmen and snowflake decorations!
- Holiday movie – choose your favourite holiday movie and create decorations and food that go with the film. You can even get an inflatable movie screen and play the movie outdoors.
- Santa’s sleigh ride – bring everyone to the north pole! Get an inflatable Santa Claus, plastic reindeers and even a real sleigh.
- Christmas in Vegas – this one is for the adults! Bring out the fancy clothes, throw some poker chips around and turn up the music.
5. Serve festive food
Bring on the gingerbread cookies! Even your cakes, cupcakes and pies can be holiday-themed with white icing, green and red sprinkles and fun designs.
Parties are always more fun with games! Have some festive fun with games like “Catch the Snowball” and “Race to the North pole.”
Swimming pools are the best way to liven up any party! By keeping things safe, clean and adding your own creativity, you are sure to have a great time. If you have any more questions about your pools, please feel free to contact us today.